Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
headset

I looked at their website today, and for the life of me can't figure out where the cord plugs into the RT. Someone enlighten me, please.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Headset...

You mean to tell me that I'm going to have to shell out a few more $$$ just to listen to my radio? Looks as if BRP gets you on the hook, then slowly reels you in. My wife says, "everytime I turn around you're buying something else for that toy". I may have to go back to work just to keep my head above water :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking that I'm in the same boat here. I'm taking delivery of a 2011 audio/convenience model this Friday. After shelling out well over $20K for this beast, I won't be able to hear the radio except through the speakers or unless I shell out another $800 for a factory CB. I don't even have the option of the J&M unit because I bought the SE5 version of the Spyder. Pbbbbbbt.

Looks like I'll be cutting into this and at least adding a simple jack with a speaker cutoff if I want to use earbuds or a helmet headset. I would suggest to the BRP folks that nobody in their right mind wants to pay $800+ for a CB that won't perform any better than a $30 model from Wally World. BRP needs to offer a simple harness that will allow headset use and basic intercom functions at a REASONABLE price. They have I-Pod funtionality built in and power jacks for our electrical gizzmos... but we can only access them over the speakers... very lame and not cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This looks interesting....im currently using the holster portion of this iphone car mount with the power of some good ol fashioned zip ties my iphone and the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Quality-Motorcycle-Dual-Sided-Earphones/dp/B003JUN9YW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343166431&sr=8-1&keywords=in+helmet+speaker"]GSI in helmet speaker system.[/ame]. May make the switch however, seems a bit more streamlined, but also a bit more pricey!:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts