Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just filled up my Spyder for the first time and it took forever. The pump kept clicking off. I kept trying to adjust the nozzle to see if air was casuing the stopping. Hope it was just the pump and this isnt a normal issue.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought a used 2009 SE5. Only three tanks through it. In AZ, we don't suffer the nozzle games CA riders that must deal with special vapor capture systems. Is it that way in Florida?
I insert the typical AZ nozzle completely, fast fill, but can only get maybe 3-4 gallons in the tank. At that point I hold the nozzle end just past the inlet plate and fill slow until I see splash back in the relief slots of the plate. Close to max fill at that point.
If you do have vapor capture nozzles, You may need to two hand the nozzle and hold back the vapor ring to get a faster fill without pump interlock stopping the flow. Hope this helps.

RIDE ON!

Spyder-sense

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bought a used 2009 SE5. Only three tanks through it. In AZ, we don't suffer the nozzle games CA riders that must deal with special vapor capture systems. Is it that way in Florida?
I insert the typical AZ nozzle completely, fast fill, but can only get maybe 3-4 gallons in the tank. At that point I hold the nozzle end just past the inlet plate and fill slow until I see splash back in the relief slots of the plate. Close to max fill at that point.
If you do have vapor capture nozzles, You may need to two hand the nozzle and hold back the vapor ring to get a faster fill without pump interlock stopping the flow. Hope this helps.

RIDE ON!

Spyder-sense
That's the way I do it as well. David

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gassing

Along with what Spydersense said. Yes. the occasional cranky pump can cause frequent shutoffs. Most of the time, at my regular stops, I use the same pump, at least I know what I'm getting into. Venturing soon to the midwest, land of vapor recovery. At least I have a heads up about potential difficulties I might encounter with that device.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Count me in the same category as the guys who keep the nozzle barely there - I found I wasn't getting a full fill if I treated her like my car. My Spyder's a fickle girl on the gas, too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its probably the pump!
It takes me about 15 min. to fill but thats because people approched to ask about the spider. I think Im BRP's best sales rep.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here in New England the long nozzles take up almost half the tank. Thats what a 3.3 gal tankup gets. So I withdraw it to the holes in the bottom of the nozzles to get near full.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gas pumps are engineered with cars in mind. Many m-cycles have this issue. I always have to fill my Spyder's tank slowly and carefully controlling both the speed of the gas and how far the fill nozzle is inserted into the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts