Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking at putting the ISCI driver floorboards on my RT. I read that some folks on this forum installed their own. How easy was it? Do you really need to remove all the panels like the instructions say? Any comments or inputs would be appreciated.

George

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
George, I have all of the mechanical aptitude of a hamster... The toughest part was removing all of the bodywork. I read, re-read, and re-re-re-read the manual's instructions on this issue for about three days before I picked up a wrench. :eek: Needless to say I was shaking in my boots as the teardown commenced!
ISCI's instructions were very easy to read and made the process about as simple as it could possible have been. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob - My problem is that I've read the instructions as posted on their website and I don't see any reason to pull all the panels that are listed in the instructions. Did you pull all of them on the right side? And how hard are they to remove (I don't have a service manual, so I'd just be guessing on how to do it.)

George

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like the RT floorboard install is easier than doing it on an RS. In addition to panel removal on the RS you need to remove some of the engine bolts etc... however even with that it was not to bad. Take your time and follow the directions.....you will do just fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well - I hate to be a wuss. But spending a good portion of the day on my hands and knees was incredibly painful. It took me two hours just to remove the panels. If I had a lift and the right metric tools, it would have been a more positive experience. But as it was, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody with any physical limitations. Just removing the mirror was incredibly difficult and I managed to break the thin plastic interior housing that the top of the mirror locks into. Got to wait a week for that part to come in. I don't want to ride it without a right mirror. Then I'll be taking it to the local can-am dealer to install the ISCI hand brake. The combination of these two mods should help me a lot with the problems I've been having with my right side (stroke residue) like riding the brake pedal and not letting go of the throttle when I start braking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts