Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally completed the ISCI mods to my RT-S with the help of the local can-am service dept. It turned into more than I could handle physically and like I said before, it's a project that I wouldn't recommended to anyone with physical limitations. But the important thing is that riding is even more fun and it came out looking great -

George

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest problem for me was the pain involved in working on my knees. I just couldn't stay in that position for any length of time. If I had a lift, I think I would have been fine. The mechanics who did the hand brake said that there were several times that it took two of them to get something in position.
But it's finished, that's all that's important.

George

·
Registered
9 Posts
Floor boards

Hi
Got my RS A&C about a week and a half ago and have been saying I'd like to get floorboards. Where can I get them and do they need to be modified?
Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
The ISCI floor boards for the RS Spyder are much different than the boards pictured above. I know because I have a set. The RS floorboards are not adjustable and you have to decide when ordering which one you want. Turned out that even the ones that came closest to the height of the standard driver peg were to low for me. they are about 4 inches lower than the pegs. The RT floorboards mount directly to where the driver pegs mount where the rear of the RS floorboards mount to the peg mount. There are two mounting plates for the RS floorboards that use the motor mount holes with new longer bolts. I wish I could have put the RT floorboards on my RS as they look great. I didn't want my floorboards that much lower than the driver pegs but did want to have more foot room. There are other options that are much cheaper if you want to retain the peg location distance. I ended up with some kurkuion (sorry, spelling) floor boards for about 280.00 with the adapters that I am using now.

I did my Isci hand brake kit my self and found that biggest pain in the rear is all the body panels that have to be removed and cutting the stock foot brake lever. I really like the hand brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts