Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ticked at my least favorite Spyder dealer/service center again...

They basically omitted a bunch of my 600 mile maintenance. I complained to BRP and the general manager of the North Las Vegas dealer pleaded with me to give them another chance by offering me my 3000 mile maintenance for free. I feel like a sucker for taking it.

Took my 10 RTS in late Thursday and they told me it'd be done Saturday. Of course it wasn't. Saturday, they said Tuesday. Tuesday they said Wednesday. Ugh... Is this typical of all motorcycle service? Take it in and leave it until they get to it? If they said Thursday when I took it in, "Hey, it'll be Wednesday before we get to it, can you bring it in Tuesday," I would have been fine with that. I'm guessing the knuckle heads didn't have an oil filter or plug washer or some danged thing...at which point I would have expected a call saying, "We need to resupply, would you like to come get your ride or leave it until the part comes in?"

Am I expecting too much? If I am... PLEASE let me know if this is typical, because I'm about to tee off when I pick it up...hopefully this evening. I'm starting to feel like a PITA customer, but when the service I'm getting is SUPPOSED to be trying to regain my trust in a service department continues to disappoint, it tends to be very aggravating.

Thanks all for your input and opinions.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree with you 100%! Sounds like it may be either poor scheduling, parts ordering/stocking or both. Free services are nice, but one wonders if they can't perform service in a timely manner, what are they skipping during the service.

The 600 mile service is suppose to be more than an oil change, but the oil change is all many dealers do while charging for the whole service.

Thanks to this forum I was able to self diagnose DPS problems as low and uneven tire pressure in the front (thank you Mr Dealer for the poor setup while prepping the bike for sale) and fix the problem myself. The dealer "was not able to see any error codes". I think that the dealers only want to see error codes, then they will fix that problem. No error codes for a problem means they don't have any idea where to start from...

Sigh, once again, the Spyders are a motorcycle, but not really a motorcycle. The service departments are still building their experience with them I think.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Latest phone call this evening...

I call to make sure my ride is ready for pick up this evening... It's not. They decided to call BRP to make sure doing the shock body switch would not void the warranty. Gee thanks. They were unable to reach BRP...and thus did not do my shocks. UGH.... My sled's been there since last Thursday and they just think to call BRP this evening? MORONS!

Once I get my arachnid back, I'm dropping all kinds of dimes. General manager of the shop to tell him I won't be bringing my machine to them for service ever again. BRP. They'll be getting a little email as well. I believe I'll be posting across other Spyder forums as well. If they can't handle simple stuff. Gosh forbid I have real problems. Geeeeez!

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm glad my expectations are not unreasonable.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'd start looking for another dealer for service. You should not have to sheppard your bike through a service visit, they should be keeping you notified of any status that will delay the expected pickup date. I would take my future spending on service to another dealer if possible.

The service department is typically a real revenue stream for dealers. They should understand that most people will be very vocal with word of mouth advertising when they get poor service and good service goes unmentioned for the most part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Too bad Cowtown doesn't have a shop in every major city! One visit to Cowtown, and you're spoiled forever. Thanks a lot, Len. Wish I could be there this Spring, but we'll be in Oregon about Fest-time.
Dick and Jean

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There are 2 dealers locally that handle service; one lost their BRP certified mechanic and hasn't had any luck replacing him yet and that's been months, and the other says there's a waiting list and once they get the bike, it'll be there for at least 6 weeks so they can take off the part, send it back to the manufacturer, get a refurb one, and reinstall. Seriously? Of course, the first dealer has the part in stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Used

Boy. You guys are getting used. Six weeks, send a part back to refurb, can't get an answer from BRP... jeez. Service ought to be wait for it or hand you a loaner.

Anyone have a good dealer experience near Dull-Aware?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts