Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you hook up an Ipod does it always draw power?

or only when the bike is on/running?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good question as I have had my Ipod hooked up for the last two weeks. I would think that it always draws power as when I go to unhook it it is always charged full. But I'm not totally sure on this one because it could charge while the bike is running. Now I'll be looking.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got one and been busily ripping all my old cd's for the past 10 days or so

have over 71 gigs on it so finally finished last night so am going to mount it and hook it up today so was just wondering .

I know it keeps it charged up, but I assumed it was from when the bike was running, and just want to know if we don't use it much if it should be unhooked when/if the bike sits for long periods of time

yes it will sit during the winter months here for the most part

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well the 12v charger is on all the time so the ipod jack probably is too.

I wish they would put bluetooth on these things so I could listen to Pandora and keep my phone up front with me.

Does anyone know if Bluetooth can added?

·
Registered
570 Posts
The iPod will always draw power. However, it really is not much compared to the other power that the Spyder is drawing itself when it is turned off.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I am going to use velcro to mount it so it will be easy to take out

From what I have read the BRP Gps is supposed to be able to adapt and use bluetooth, but since we rarely even use our fones ( we use for emergency only ) I have never tried it out

or you can get the Scala unit which is Bluetooth technology

1 - 6 of 6 Posts