Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..Considering trading in my two wheels for three..Found your DB and signed up. I'm 55 years old, live in East Texas, and currently ride a 2005 BMW R1200RT. I'm interested in a Spyder and would like to hear from those who own them. I'm particularly interested in reliability issues, common mechanical problems, and difficulty of required maintenance and cost of maintenance..However, all pros and cons appreciated.Thanks in advance..:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's a crap shoot. If you read a lot of the posts in this forum, both new and old, you will find a lot of people who love their Spyders (me included), but you'll also find more than a few who have had a lot of reliability issues. I don't know what the problem is - one person has thousands of trouble free miles while the next person who buys the same type Spyder breaks down a lot. I have a 2009 RS SM5 and have had no problems (6500 miles). David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Lawman!

My husband rides BMWs and I'm pretty sure there's a 1200 RT out there in the garage right now. :) I am the Spyder owner in the family, though he is my maintenance guru... so I'm not much help to you on your questions, I am happy to welcome you to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts