Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Dennis (Molinoman on this and other forums) and I am looking into whether or not a Can am Spyder (namely the RT-S in red or blue) is in the future for me.

I am currently also looking at the Thoroughbred Motorsports Stallion, 2012 Honda Goldwing and a 2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring.

My last four bikes (since 2003) have been a 2003 and a 2006 Gold Wing, a 2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic (2300 cc) and my current ride is a 2010 Triumph 1700 Thunderbird.

My main concern right now is that I am looking for a dealer who will allow test rides of the Spyder (in any configuration). My nearest dealer is in Pensacola, FL and apparently they do not allow test rides.

Can anyone help me out in where within 200 miles or so (for a start) there is a dealer who will allow a test ride. I really need to test ride this machine as it is different (from what I have read) to ride than a motorcycle and the Stallion.

Any help would be appreciated and I hope the Spyder does become a viable contender for my next new ride (I am keeping the Thunderbird).

Dennis

·
Registered
33 Posts
Test Drive

The dealer in Ladson, SC allows test drives but that doesn't help you much in Florida. Keep looking......I'm sure someone will allow it in your area.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I lived closer I would be more than happy to let you try my RS...Hope your search pans out for ya.... :O)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!

I test rode mine for about a quarter of a mile (if that) before I plunked down the cash. No regrets here, either.

The ride is definitely different than anything I've ever ridden before, but I love it!!

No help with a dealer, I'm too far away to have any knowledge. Good luck!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was in the same boat. Wanted a bike that my wife would feel comfortable on, but did not want to spend the money without taking a test ride. I lucked out on a factory demo day sponsored by a local dealer.

My wife went from "can't we buy a used one for $10k" to "I like the white one!" She didn't care that the the white RT lists for $28k. We love the bike now. Just waiting to pick it up from the dealer after being services and some warranty work and the weather to cool down in Phoenix to do some more riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spyderdave, glad to hear you finally got your bike sorted out.

I know it's no consolation but most motorcycle manufacturers do not cover the cost of towing to get your bike back to the dealership.

I do belong to AMA, while they do spend, IMHO, too much time talking about off road riding and recreation...they do have a very good towing program and it covers any vehicle in your household.

Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts