Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will ride down into the 40°'s without much discomfort....especially with the 'heat issues' common to the Spyder (actually, a godsend in northern NY this time of year!) But don't like to have cold hands!

I've used the Symtec grip heaters before and they seem to work really well and easy to install. Pull the grips off, clean up the handle bars removing the ribs on the throttle tube with a razor knife, stick the heater pads on, wire them up and that's all there is to it. There was right side switched power behind the right headlight (red wire) which made switch location easy and looks factory.

Tried them out yesterday and my hands were hot!! 'Course it was almost 70° out but....hey, the hands were warm!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not very good at taking pics as I go through a project but here's the finished product. There really isn't much to see except the wire loop on the throttle side and the rocker switch, everything else is hidden.

The kit is a Symtec Heat Demon motorcycle grip heater kit #210019RR....here's some places where it's available.

Symtec Motorcycle Handle Warmer Kit with Round Rocker Switch 210019RR

You need to wire it up to switched power because sooner or later you're gonna forget it on....the red wire with a thin blue stripe behind the right headlight worked good for me, the rest was just channeling wires for neatness.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts