Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on my first Make A Wish Foundation ride. 100 miles with lots of other bikes. What do I need to know to myself and others safe.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
you need to pretend that you are a small car, not a motorcycle

you can't ride in the same kind of formation as the others.

give yourself plenty of room

make sure the rest know that too..

have fun

hehe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Know your hand signals. Know that riding to the right side (seems to be the best spot) and not the middle helps the riders in front of you see to the rear. Keep your spacing....not too close and not to far. But most importantly, stay focused and have a good time!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Going on my first Make A Wish Foundation ride. 100 miles with lots of other bikes. What do I need to know to myself and others safe.
Glad you are riding for such a great cause...Go online and search for info on riding in motorcycle groups..There is a lot of info out there and I would suggest staying in the back of the pack..We do not rely on foot signals as much as the 2 wheeler does when it comes to road conditions and debris to avoid...Also make sure you understand the hand signals used during the ride in the event there are bikers behind you that you need to notify with both the hand and foot signals..Have fun!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long ride

Thanks folks.....I do believe "common sense" will prevail. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some "secret" code that I needed to know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Definitely enjoy the ride, but stay safe - riding with a group, especially one as large as will probably be along on that ride - is a whole different experience than riding with one or two other bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts