Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some of my inexpensive mods. It’s not that I’m cheap, (well maybe) but my wife only gives me $15 a week allowance so I have a limited budget. I also like the challenge of doing the design and work myself.

1. Hands free opener. $1
2. Electric trunk opener. $11
3. GPS holder. $1
4. Road pegs. $50 Walmart and Menards Home Store
5. Front LED accent lights. $25 Autozone
6. Red LED brake lights $18 Autozone
7. “Y” factor mud flap lights connected to fender tips. $60 Autozone and Menards Home Store
8. Air dam. $1
9. Throttle lock. $24
10. Dimmable LED running lights. $180
11. ESI LED fender tips.
12. BRP comfort seat. $335
13. Power distribution relay $20

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a few more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice mods, especially the food boards...Walmart?
Yes Walmart. They sell these in the auto dept. Used for the gas, clutch, and brake peddle. I used the two small ones but may buy another set and use the large one for a little more room. They're light weight but do the job. I like the spider on them. I will be adding some rubber for addtional traction so my feet don't slip when I hit a large bumo, etc.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice job on the accent lights on the front... looks like a smile!

How'd you affix the GPS holder?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job on the accent lights on the front... looks like a smile!

How'd you affix the GPS holder?
Here are some better pitures that may help. I used a electrical conduit clamp to connect to the RAM ball part of the window suction cup mount. I used a single screw with velcro between the clamp and plastic to keep it from moving. I also placed a short length of velcro under the lip of the plastic dash cover. The thumb screw tighens against the saftey card which was pulled out a little. This gives the GPS mount more support. I like this location better than on the handlebar. The GPS is mounted up high making it easier to see and has better protection from the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Great!! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts