Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came home in a Spyder RT Limited yesterday, or rather the dealer's parts department guy did. I had driven to the dealership in a car alone, not really intending to buy yesterday, but one thing led to another and soon I was the owner of a new Spyder. The manager offered to have their parts department man ride it home for me and then return with my Suzuki Burgman that I was putting on consignment.

No sooner did we leave the dealership than began one of the worst thunder, lightning and driving rain storms I'd ever seen in Florida. The poor guy got absolutely drowned and I haven't heard how he did on the way back. The very wet and now dirty bike was parked safely in my garage and I'm looking forward to adjusting to three wheels instead of two.

Would enjoy riding with anyone from the Sarasota area and hope to learn a few things about the Spyder on this forum.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Bruce!!

Did you happen to watch how the Spyder handles in the rain? I think you'll be pleased, from all the comments made on here about that very thing!

Congratulations to you on your purchase, and welcome to the family!

When you get him all cleaned up, post some pics... we love some pics!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That must be some kind of a record for an impulse buy... :cool
Thanks, Bob. Actually I had been working on it for a while, but this dealer promised me a demo ride. After the ride I was hooked and decided to make him an offer. We settled on a price and it was mine. The mistake I probably made was going to the dealership with my checkbook in the car!
Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My husband and I have a system that works for us. We split the bills every month, and everything we each make over and above that amount is ours to do with as we like. Hence, he has his motorcycles, and I'm riding my Spyder!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats!!

What year Burgman did you trade in? i just traded in my 2007 exec. for a Limited. I've been following them for about year or so and finally bit the bullet. I was going for the lesser model (RT Audio & Cov.) but my husband talked me into the Limited. He picks it up today for me as I have to work and won't be able to play with it until tomorrow. Safe riding.

JerseyGirl

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
:eek: You have money left over??? :eek: How does this happen?? :eek: I'm beginning to think that our home is a government experiment... run by deficits! :D
:D Yep, we've got about 6 pennies to rub together!! We were each supporting an entire household until we got married and sold one of the houses... turns out combining into one helps immensely on what you have to pay every month!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts