Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am very interested in buying a cam am spyder rs. I have always liked motorcycles but never really cared for how small they were and how they were too much of a hassle to drive around ALL day. these spyders seem like something i could sit on for ours on in. im on here just to learn as much as i can about them as i can. i have always been a big mustang guy but am wanting to switch my knowledge to motorcycles and i feel that one of these is the best thing for me. Im shooting to get one within this next year. im joining the coast guard and will be moving to a new state in a few months and will start my looking for the spyder there..if i get stationed somewhere that will have the right terrain for these. like i said im on here to learn as much as i can i know nothing about motorcycles and if they are not similar to cars then im sure i will have many questions and hopefully learn stuff to help other members.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome aboard. There is lots to be learned and feel free to ask any questions that may come up.

I have found that almost any terrain with paved roads is perfect for the Spyders. However, I prefer riding outside the city where there is not much traffic. I have not ridden in the rain yet, so I don't have any experience with the wet but I hear that you do have to be extra careful of hydroplaning due to the light weigh and the wide tires. Similar to cars with wide tires.

Many people on this forum are daily drivers, others are weekend riders.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome! Feel free to browse around, read all you like, and ask questions. We're all happy to answer as well as talk about our rydes and experiences!

·
Registered
97 Posts
They don't handle at all like a motorcycle; they're much more like an ATV or snowmobile as far as ride and handling goes...
Yup "ditto on that" someone wrote there like a cross between a motorcycle and a Mazda Miata, and I know what they were meaning. And yes I think there a lot like riding a snowmobile on the road without the "cold"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts