Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a used Spyder from a very reluctant seller. It's a 2008 Premier RS (#2527). The previous owner loved this bike and it shows. There isn't a scratch or flaw on her, and she is dressed to impress. He purchased every accessory you could purchase. As a new rider I did four things simultaneously that I'd never done -

1.) Rode a Spyder
2.) Rode in the dark
3.) Rode on the freeway
4.) Rode at 75mph

I have a Honda DN-01 that I'd been riding for the past 200 miles while I searched for my Spyder - it's my wife's bike and it has been great. The Spyder is a completely different experience.

So far I've had:

1 Harley rider flip me off

1 Harley rider have to emergency auto-correct and almost crash due to rubbernecking my bike as he turned a corner

And...countless excited questions about how awesome the bike looks, how sexy it is, how fast does it go, etc. etc. etc.

I was pretty sure I'd love this thing. Having put over 100 miles on it over the weekend, now I'm damned sure. I love my Spyder.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm right there with ya! I've had my RT-S for a week now, and I'm totally in love. I've been out on it at different times all week, and my biggest disappointment is not seeing any other Spyders around! I'm in Tucson and my dealer said they've sold a bunch this year, but I haven't seen any yet! :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get use to the rock star treatment it's every where you go. Telling the family I will be right back is no longer the option when ridding them. My wife gets a little mad because I will sit there and talk shop for hours I love it. My harley friends get mad too when they have there chromed out bike sitting next to mine and people walk on by to look and talk about the SPYDER:) Going to take it to hog ralley soon see what happens lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a used 2008 (130 miles on it) on the 20th. It has the six spoke Chrome wheels, a Yoshi exhaust and a smoking Lambo orange paint job. Rode it 175 miles the first day back to the house. I have added another 100 miles in the past five days. Work sure gets in the way. I guess I will have to schedule the 600 mile service pretty soon. I have been looking for several years and finally found one in my price range. It rides great and is such a conversation starter. I have not had a simple fuel fill up since I bought it. The more questions you answer the more they want to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts