Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Story

It all started one Thursday afternoon when I was talking to hubby about getting a trike bike. Well I found a Harley Sportster on Craig's list and just mentioned to hubby I like it. Well I have never rode a motorcycle before in my life nor did i have a lic to drive one. I was always a passenger for the last 3 years on the back of hubby's bike. Well just because I said I liked the bike on Craig's list he went out and bought it for me for our 20th anniversary present to me. OMG I was so shocked. He even enrolled me in msf class at Harley Davison so I could learn how to ride it. Went to the class and learned how to ride on a bulle. I had so much fun learning to ride a motocycle. So I went to get lic only having to do the written test. I passed my test and had my new lic in hand, Iwalked outside to my car only to find some idiot hit my car at the DMV and ran.. Imagine that of all places to be hit. Needless to say no cameras at the DMV which is total bs and cost me 500.00 ded to get my car fixed. Anyways I came home and decided to give the harley davison my hubby bought me a spin. Well I was scared out my mind and started crying I just could not do it , it scared me so much. I broke down and told him that I wanted a 3 wheel bike. He seen the fear in my face He told me to hop on the back of his bike and told me he would take me to a place to see something. We rode down to west 70th street and turned into this camper place. We got to the front of the building and my eyes lit up as I saw the cutest thing ever sitting there. I asked what the heck is that thing? He said this is what I brought you here to see. We test drove the RT model and I loved it. Hubby said I could have the RSS model but they there were none in stock and the man had to order one for the show room anyway. I told him what color I wanted and he ordered it. It came in 3 WEEKS later and he called me I went test drive it on the Friday for about an hour. I had to have it gave him my deposit and traded my Harley that hubby just bought me in on the 2011 RSS AND picked it up Monday May 2nd 2011. I love my Spyder and I done kicked my Honda Civic to the curb.i ride it to work and all. It's been almost a week now since I bought it and I have so many complements on it every where I go no matter where it is somebody is walking up to me and asking me questions about the bike and telling me what an awesome bike I have and that they never seen one in person before they have only seen the commercial on TV. It's too funny because I have never seen the commercial until the day after I went test drive one.. Sat went to Jefferson Texas on it and Ppl were taking pictures of my bike it drew a crowd of people I was so overwhelmed at how much people were admire-ing it. I am so happy and I think its worth every penny I paid for it. I love love love my SPYDER.

·
Registered
20 Posts
good one

i think my missus will fall in love when she rides our RT aswel

great to see girls riding

have fuun on it

Stu :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Spidergirl,

I can totally relate to you. I have never rode bikes before and my husband recently got a goldwing trike. I rode it a little (less than 10 miles ) but love the feel of riding. So we started looking for something for me. First we just put a trike kit on a harley sportster we had in the basement (not so great) so then we went to a dealer and I fell in love with the Spyder. I am so girly that I went with the semi-auto. A great choice for me as now I can just enjoy the ride and not worry about the clutch (coordination is not my strong point:) I spent the weekend just riding around town and getting the feel for the bike. Back at work today and it is going to be a long day:)

ENJOY

Dee

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Spydergirl! What a great story!! Glad you found something so quickly that you enjoy like you do. I've had my '08 RS for almost a month and also have trouble staying off of it long enough to go to work! You've found a great forum - the guys don't mind sharing the road with us girls. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Spidergirl,

I can totally relate to you. I have never rode bikes before and my husband recently got a goldwing trike. I rode it a little (less than 10 miles ) but love the feel of riding. So we started looking for something for me. First we just put a trike kit on a harley sportster we had in the basement (not so great) so then we went to a dealer and I fell in love with the Spyder. I am so girly that I went with the semi-auto. A great choice for me as now I can just enjoy the ride and not worry about the clutch (coordination is not my strong point:) I spent the weekend just riding around town and getting the feel for the bike. Back at work today and it is going to be a long day:)

ENJOY

Dee
Hello Dee,

Lol I hear that. I am girly too and I too have the semi automatic. I have been riding my bike to work everyday. My son keeps begging me to ride it. I have to bring it to work or he might try to take it for a joy ride. he even put the spare helmet in his car.. good thing hubby has the spare key hidden from him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, Spydergirl! What a great story!! Glad you found something so quickly that you enjoy like you do. I've had my '08 RS for almost a month and also have trouble staying off of it long enough to go to work! You've found a great forum - the guys don't mind sharing the road with us girls. :D
Thanks Sassapnts, I never thought I ever drive a bike in by life. Some people at work are telling me i am going through a mid life crisis. hahhaha whatever
I am having so much fun loving my spyder so much. I ride it everywhere it hard to get my tush off of it. I love this forum and the guys get a kick seeing a chick drive a spyder. I had one due hola at his girlfriend at the gas station he said hey babe look at that awesome bike over there and there is a chick driving it.. Lol hubby looked at me and I looked at him and be laughed so hard.. and waived at them both.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Spidergirl,

I had a similar experience yesterday afternoon. I went to Pulbix on my Spyder to pick up a few things. When I came out, a lady who was parked next to me says "nice bike does you husband let you drive it" I looked around as to say, do you see a husband... I then took my helmet out of the storage compartment and started to put it on and she said, "are you really driving this by yourself". Now I am not sure if I was insulted or flattered??? Do I look that much like a weaklin, humm. She actually stayed and waited for me to back out first, guess she did not believe me LOL.

Dee

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts