CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a 48 year old female and my riding experiece only involves a scooter which is automatic. i just love riding but i am ready to move up to bigger and better things. i have taken the DPS approved riding coarse.

i am at a point in my life that i will be able to take a month long trip if it is what i want to do. i feel like can am spyder would be on of the safest ways to travel, i will be alone husband is deceased.

the problem is my daughter and son n law who believe the 3 wheeler would really be dangerous with balance and that i should purchase a cruiser or touring 2 wheel bike. they own bikes BMW Ducati and some other sportster.

i need some wise argueing statesments for them. if anyone has some ideas for arguments with info backing it up i would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best advice I can think of is have them take a test ride on a Sypder themselves. Explaining the differences between a Spyder and anything else can be tough if not impossible. At the very least, show them the video's on the BRP site that explain all the safety features.

Nothing is 100% safe, not even riding in a cage, but the on-board computer working with the VSS, TCS, SCS, and the ABS all wheel braking system sure goes a long way to keep the rubber side down. :D

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
The Spyder is much much safer than a "Traditional" front single wheel/rear dual wheel trike conversion. It does not have any stability issues whatsoever (I once tipped over a converted Goldwing :eek:)

The safety video mentioned above is located Here (View The VSS Video).

Another big safety point of the Spyder is with its additional width and larger size it is MUCH, MUCH more visible than a motorcycle, and this additional size, particularity in the front grants the ryder lots more protection from bad drivers and animals. I saw a Spyder that had hit a deer, yes the Spyder looked bad, but the ryder was fine.... having lost friends to deer on regular cycles I can say the Spyder was orders of magnitude better.

My recommendation is to get them to go on a test ryde with you, they will understand how much safer it is.... and they will want you off your scooter and on the Spyder as fast as possible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts