Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

horn/s

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Paladin 
#1 ·
well has been over 9 weeks since I ordered my Stebil Nautilis horn from cruisercustom

sheesh ...

any ways when/if I ever get it I was thinking (hurt like hell)/ Instead of pulling the entire front end off to get at the stock horn why not just mount the new horn someplace under the front end plastic and run it to a switch that way I have the excuse me stock horn and the WHAT THE F**K are you doing new horn?

was also thinking of trying to get a second one and have one on each side. then have quick change of drawers for us when we have to use them..hehe

thoughts?

#3 ·
LOL @ dave.

problem is I can't yell loud enough to be seen

#4 ·
I don't know logistics of installing another horn, but I like the idea!

"excuse me.... excuse me...." "HEY, I ASKED NICE TWICE ALREADY... MOVE!" :D

#5 ·
yeah that's more or less the way I am looking at it..

depending on what goes on with the one I ordered I may try and find a second one and have one on each side of the bike..

but don't want to blast my own ears off unlees really needed

#6 ·
Mounting the "Steb-Naut" someplace other than where the BRP guys planned is certainly possible; but it'll make it more vulnerable to damage from road debris, weather, and "curious" miscreants... :eek:
I keep looking at those beauties and figure to get it on my "gottahave" list eventually; but there's seat modifications, graphics, and chrome in the way first! :cool:
Have your Co-Pilot keep a small-caliber sidearm at the ready... (JK!) :D

#7 ·
LOL !!

I am thinking of in the tunnels in the front end

#8 ·
Bad boy horn

Not sure what you paid for the horn still not there. but Auto Parts carry a 12v air horn.. Bad Boy..and it is loud. I've found that you can get almost anything from the local auto parts with a little "Presidential Resolution":cool:

#10 ·
It's about the same, just a different configuration.. I reckon it depends on the hole the air comes from how it sounds...we all know that one..:eek:

#11 ·
if you lool at the specs for each one the Naut is louder by quite a few DB's

and living in Western Canada there is not a lot of places that sell non stock bike items

not like you guys in the States

#12 ·
9 weeks?

The same horn is available in most auto parts stores and most Harley dealers under a variety of names.
Those same auto parts stores will also have the relay you will need (unless you want to fry your horn button).

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.