Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at these Y bieks for a few months to replace my 09 Kawi Voyager. Recently had an accident (not hurt) that wrote off my kawi. So I'm in the market for one of these. Went to the dealship and I liked what I saw. After reading post here in the forums they sound like a relible bike, so I'm sold. Dealership was great in telling me to wait until thier winter show for better deals. So know I save up and try to decide on a RTS or RT-limited.

·
Registered
570 Posts
2012 membership is a long time to wait.

My wife and I love the RT Ltd. Not much to add except for lights.

The ride is nice and comfortable. I've done over 1000 miles in 21 hours and was not too sore the next day. The cruise control and power steering sure make the ride easy. The electric shifting on the SE5 models is a nice feature. I use the iPod integration cable almost exclusively for music while riding.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Been looking at these Y bieks for a few months to replace my 09 Kawi Voyager. Recently had an accident (not hurt) that wrote off my kawi. So I'm in the market for one of these. Went to the dealship and I liked what I saw. After reading post here in the forums they sound like a relible bike, so I'm sold. Dealership was great in telling me to wait until thier winter show for better deals. So know I save up and try to decide on a RTS or RT-limited.
The RTS or RT-Limited is an easy decision. Get both! Have the best of both worlds.:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!

Depending on what you plan to use your Spyder for will help you determine which model you would be better served with. Longer rides, RT. Shorter, more geared toward exciting rides, go with the RS.

Definitely check into used bikes if you can - they'll save you money and give you a lower price on getting used to your ride... you can always trade up!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well considering I had over 22,000 KMs on my 2009, I'm looking forward to testing BRP's unlimited milage warrenty claim. Trip plans for the 2012 summer include
- First Edmonton , Alberta to Victoria, BC (3,000 KMs)
- Second Edmonton, Alberta to Southern Califonia. (7,000 KMs)

I usually average about 800 to 1,000 KMs a day unless I run into great food or an even greater pub. Of course running into other riders always causes delays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts