Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way to lower the wind/highway noise in a full face helmet without going to ear plugs?

the helmet I use when the wife is with me is well broken in now and not as snug as it was when we first got them, so is getting rather noisey with wind ( wife says it's just my hot air) but i disagree with her..

any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wear a do-rag under your helmet. It'll take up the slack so your helmet fits better, and it'll keep your melon cooler.

Ride Safe

dpk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you actually getting wind noise or are you getting feedback thru the headset....if you're using one? If using a headset you're probably getting feedback from the wifes mike.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we are going to get some doo rags during the winter

and yes it's wind noise

i can can tone it down by raising the windsheild, but milage and buffeting sux that way

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh

thx Bob

I will check with my dealer to see if they have anything I can use

·
Registered
570 Posts
on some helmets the air vents can be quite noisy also. it is a trade off between heat and noise if that is a problem. on the RT adjusting the windscreen makes a big difference also.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my Scorpion helmet is like that, when I have to top vent open it's real noisey

but my Zox helmet is the one that I wear the most and that's the one that's super noisey now and the vent on the top are very small.. even with them closed it's still noisey

most of the noise seems to come from under the helmet up inside . I think it's because the helmet is looser now, not as tight as it was when I first got it.

I am going to do as Bob suggested and talk to my parts guy and see if I can get some larger pads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts