Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shutting down my 2011 RT-S I hear a high pitched hum for some time after everything is off. Is this normal?:confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bob, I have read of other's hearing this noise after shutdown. I do not for whatever reason. My fans run a few seconds (91 here today) and then all is quite. Just wondering.B]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bob, I will take your advice on my ears and hearing aid batteries...but maybe I don't hear any Spyder noise as I park next to a sawmill...:eek::)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
high pitch sound

My dealer tech guy says its the throttle bodies activated in Hot start mode. The high pitch noise is present for about 40 minutes then shuts off :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
My dealer tech guy says its the throttle bodies activated in Hot start mode. The high pitch noise is present for about 40 minutes then shuts off :)
I agree!

The 2010 models could have a hard time restarting with a hot engine. The wine you hear is the soleniod holding the throttle bodies closed. I heard this on all 2011 Spyders at Spyderfest a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
High Pitched noise

Jeff and all! The Spyder RT looks and drives like a space ship. Why not sound off like one occasionally :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hard to start

I agree!

The 2010 models could have a hard time restarting with a hot engine. The wine you hear is the soleniod holding the throttle bodies closed. I heard this on all 2011 Spyders at Spyderfest a few weeks ago.
That is what I am having trouble with, when it get hot it hard to start, but it will start. Do you know what Can am is doing about this and do you know if it will get worst?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts