Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
That's a normal sound for a 2011. It's got something to do with the throttle bodies being closed... You've got nothing to worry about. :cool:

· Registered
47 Posts
Bob, I have read of other's hearing this noise after shutdown. I do not for whatever reason. My fans run a few seconds (91 here today) and then all is quite. Just wondering.B]

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hiya BR! Well... there's only two possibilities... either you need to dig the wax out of your ears, or replace the batteries in your hearing aids... :D :D :D :D :D

I'm sorry... bad joke but I couldn't resist! :eek:

· Registered
47 Posts
Bob, I will take your advice on my ears and hearing aid batteries...but maybe I don't hear any Spyder noise as I park next to a sawmill...:eek::)

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
:D :D I know that I don't hear much extra stuff anymore because my "selective hearing" is getting wider... :eek:

Lamonster was talking about this high pitched sound maybe a week ago... He gave a pretty good explanation of what is supposed to be going on and why...

· Registered
303 Posts
My dealer tech guy says its the throttle bodies activated in Hot start mode. The high pitch noise is present for about 40 minutes then shuts off :)
I agree!

The 2010 models could have a hard time restarting with a hot engine. The wine you hear is the soleniod holding the throttle bodies closed. I heard this on all 2011 Spyders at Spyderfest a few weeks ago.

· Registered
7 Posts
hard to start

I agree!

The 2010 models could have a hard time restarting with a hot engine. The wine you hear is the soleniod holding the throttle bodies closed. I heard this on all 2011 Spyders at Spyderfest a few weeks ago.
That is what I am having trouble with, when it get hot it hard to start, but it will start. Do you know what Can am is doing about this and do you know if it will get worst?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.