Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of driving lights that I want to come on with the high beams via a relay - anyone know where I can pick up the high beam wire? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
If I understand it correctly, there is no actual "high beam".

There is one bulb, which effectively is high beam all the time and a mechanical shutter cuts off the top part of the projection to accomplish a "low beam" effect.

What you need to find is the solenoid that operates that shutter and test to see when it is powered.
Of course, a wiring diagram would help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I understand it correctly, there is no actual "high beam".

There is one bulb, which effectively is high beam all the time and a mechanical shutter cuts off the top part of the projection to accomplish a "low beam" effect.

What you need to find is the solenoid that operates that shutter and test to see when it is powered.
Of course, a wiring diagram would help.
Hi, thanks, you are correct. I just need the +12v signal that actuates the high beams. If I canb locate the relay or solenoid that operates it, I will be all set. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed a set of driving lights that I want to come on with the high beams via a relay - anyone know where I can pick up the high beam wire? Thanks!
I found the high beam relay is located in the right hand fuse box. it is relay RY1R contact point B12. this wire feeds out of the fusebox and goes to DIC1 (dashboard interconnect) then it goes to the high beam indicator and splits to go to the shutters on each headlight assembly. The "control " of this relay is from power from the leftside fusebox. The coils of the relays are controlled by opening and closing the ground of the coils through the high beam switch and the headlight switch. The actual power used to make the filaments glow comes from the right side fuse box of relays RY1R & RY2R. I hope I didn't confuse you too much. You could splice into the wire at B12 to drive another relay for your driving lights. Proceed at your own risk. This stuff isn't for the faint of heart. Double check what I'm saying and be very sure of what you are doing, because you could do serious damage if you make a mistake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the high beam relay is located in the right hand fuse box. it is relay RY1R contact point B12. this wire feeds out of the fusebox and goes to DIC1 (dashboard interconnect) then it goes to the high beam indicator and splits to go to the shutters on each headlight assembly. The "control " of this relay is from power from the leftside fusebox. The coils of the relays are controlled by opening and closing the ground of the coils through the high beam switch and the headlight switch. The actual power used to make the filaments glow comes from the right side fuse box of relays RY1R & RY2R. I hope I didn't confuse you too much. You could splice into the wire at B12 to drive another relay for your driving lights. Proceed at your own risk. This stuff isn't for the faint of heart. Double check what I'm saying and be very sure of what you are doing, because you could do serious damage if you make a mistake.
Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts