Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about installing some HID headlights and fogs on my RTS.

Is this an install a novice could accomplish? It seems like it should be pretty plug and play with the exception of mounting the ballasts.

Anyone have personal experience installing HID kits on an RTS?

Also, anyone have experience with the Xenon halogen direct replacement bulbs (like the ones here...http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm)? This seems like a cheaper, easier solution, but are they any good?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. Not sure how I missed the linked post. Can't wait to give it an in depth read when I get a little time.

I got some Sylvania Silverlight Ultras installed. Honestly, not much better than stock. Wasted time and money. HIDs are in my future, but not for a while. Too much butt pain to get to the headlamps.

Thanks again for the links.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@IG: Did you mount the ballast and transformer in the red area of this diagram?

Trying to conceptualize where all that stuff gets mounted.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
YES. I noticed when I had the headlight assembly out this weekend that the ballast was mounted to the tab the top of part #22 by double faced tape and the transformer is mounted on the top inboard side of the headlight assembly between 16-17 and 16-17.
It is very tight and you have to kinda twist the assembly to get it to go, but it will go with some gentle persuasion.
Good Luck C-YA RL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been thinking about installing some HID headlights and fogs on my RTS.

Is this an install a novice could accomplish? It seems like it should be pretty plug and play with the exception of mounting the ballasts.

Anyone have personal experience installing HID kits on an RTS?

Also, anyone have experience with the Xenon halogen direct replacement bulbs (like the ones here...http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm)? This seems like a cheaper, easier solution, but are they any good?

Thanks for any info.
Is it normal to loose all lights if one has been removed or damaged???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts