Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Hey, wuzzup?!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Colstang 
#1 ·
Just checking in to see what info I can dredge up on these funky bikes... er, trikes. Or.. whatever. Currently ride a customized 2006 Buell XB12Ss, but looking for something a little different down the road... a little less corner-carving and a little more commuter/touring friendly. Was seriously eyeballing a Victory Vision (I know, opposite end of the spectrum from a Buell Lightning), but they're pretty pricey, and I'm not totally comfortable with the idea of such a big bike. Always had a soft spot for the funkiness that is the Spyder, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the stability of 3 wheels. Yes, I have strange and varied tastes. :p

So anyway, here I am! Enlighten me! :D

~SM

#2 ·
Hi Swordsman, I share your feelings, 'cause I had been riding a Triumph Street Triple and some Harleys before I got the Spyder. But, like you, I also have varied tastes and liked the looks and safety of a Spyder too. Best of all is to keep both bikes :), one for the daily commuting and the other for long trips, which is what suits best for this 3 wheeler. I am very pleased traveling, two up, on the Spyder, with no worries at all ...and still having fun cornering some times on the Triumph (which, by the way, is a pain in the *** for touring).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.