Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 08 spyder sm5 on road trip last week stopped for a bit started the bike back up went to take off and it died and would not do anything click once then then scroll safty check list then would disapear with a click of mode button but would only click got it started by push starting so I have now changed out my starter soleniod same problem still exist im thinking starter I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all connections seem very good doubled checked F5 fuse good but replaced i want to think it could be my main relay, bad as i hate to looks like a trailer ride to the dealership since they have the right computer. If u think of something please let me know and thanks

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would think that if you got some clicking out of it that it wouldn't be a fuse or relay because that would stop the flow of ALL of the juice... :eek:
Try hooking the battery up to a charger and see what happens; maybe it went bad...
I agree with Bob. If the trike started then stopped the starter, fuse, and relays must have been working. If you have not changed the battery that could be the cause of your problems. M/C batteries don't last as along as a car battery and 5 years would be very good life out of it.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts