Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I want an RT really really bad. They just seem to be the way to go. But...my wife HATES they way they look. She doesn't even want to test ride one. She says even if it rides good it looks like sissified (not kidding). She loves our bike now (yamaha Vstar) and if we get another she would just like for us to get another yamaha (royal star venture s) nice bike but I really like the spyder. I think on our long rides it would be better. They are close on price. So...any ideas on a sales pitch? Thanks for your opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks aside (btw I think Spyders look WAAAY better than any cruiser/Harley look alike) the Spyder is THE safest machine out there on 2 or 3 wheels. No comparison. Most women like safe. If yours doesn't then maybe she has other motives. How much life insurance do you have? David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL she had a good laugh...but still says sissified. You know she has been hounding me about calling the insurance agent and doing some kind of phone interview for some life insurance...hmm...:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not!

If she's worried about it looking bad, she should see all the looks I get on my RT! People all over think it's really cool. And...hate to bring this up...but how old are you? I'm sorry, I'm at an age where comfort is more important than looking cool! :) I had an RS and traded it for an RT for that very reason, and I LOVE it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my second wife.

Wow, do what I did and get second wife who understands what men want and like. First wife had me get rid of my motorcycle...first mistake. Found out she was Cub fan...second mistake. Started telling me what to do...third mistake. My new wife is a big fan of my Spyder, thinks it is sexy looking and soooo much safer than my Kawi Ninja. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Help

My bundle of love TOLD ME! " I want one lets have some fun this summer" Can you imagine if I said NO! to her what would happen. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife sounds better all the time

We sold our motorcycle a year or so ago because we wanted a larger cruser. Then we started looking at trikes (we are both getting a little older but like to live young). We have looked at every kind of trike out there. Then I took her to Big # 1 in Birmingham, AL. She took one look at the RT Limited and we / she told me to get out the check book. Picking it up Thursday 30th of June and heading to New Orleans Saturday morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts