Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im 3rd owner of 2009 spyder phantom edition SE5 and I can not figure how if my spyder has 600 service done. I asked 2nd owner and he doesnt know and cant located the 1st owner. I have 2500 miles.. please advise.. dealer wants 145 for oil change or 442 for 3000 service. I have heard that 2000 service is just oil change.. please advise

·
Registered
570 Posts
The 3000 mile service is probably an oil change with a plugin to the diagnostic computer. The service intravals calls for checking the tightness of the passenger handholds, coolant and brakes (including the parking brake). Oddly enough, the manual calls for the customer to inspect the brakes and rotors, LOL.

You can view the Operator Guides on the BRP website under the Owner Center.

I am sure that like most dealers, they will visually inspect the "easy" stuff in hopes of additional service items being found. Also with the oil change the dealer will also check for recall items.

Personally, I just had the dealer an oil change at 3,000 miles. He was already doing some warrantee work which covered the computer plug in part.

The valve clearance is good for 12,000 miles according to the manual. On my Aprilia with the V990 engine, the clearance was good at 12,000 miles.

The Rotax engines are very dependable. Probably comes from their aviation history. If they could only bring the electronics up to the same level, the Sypder would be that much better.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts