Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you store your helmets if you go someplace?

I just found I can't store in any of the compartments

Do I need to get a set of helmet locks for the bar?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I ride solo, I stick my helmet in the "frunk", which is the only compartment that can hold a full-face helmet. When I have a passenger, I've used the 2 helmet hooks that are under the seat...Not my favorite set-up, but better than draggin the helmets around with you. :)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
When we had regular FullFace helmets they fitted in the side storage.
We both switched to Scorpion Exo-900 and they are rounder and don't fit.

So I bought the Kewlmetal handle bar end hangers, work great, keep the bars in the little storage space/glovebox.

KewlMetal Kewlock (pair) Can-Am Spyder RT.:)

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah trunk seems only place but not sure if 2 will fit

other issue I have is both helmets I bought don't have a "D" ring on them so not sure how to about using the built in one or the kewl metal ones either

they are on m y list to buy, but with no "D" ring not going to hang by the strap for very long

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weird we have 2 Zox mod helemts and they both fit fine in the "frunk" and we have the liner too

put them both upside down, it's atight fit but it works

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL

I found that I can put both of our ZOX helmets in fine but I also have a Scorpion 900 and found it won't fit with one of the Zox in there

I guess it depends on the way the helmet is shaped,, sheesh

hehe

·
Registered
37 Posts
When we had regular FullFace helmets they fitted in the side storage.
We both switched to Scorpion Exo-900 and they are rounder and don't fit.

So I bought the Kewlmetal handle bar end hangers, work great, keep the bars in the little storage space/glovebox.

KewlMetal Kewlock (pair) Can-Am Spyder RT.:)
Hmm, I think I'll check out KewlMetal...We have 2 HJC full-face helmets and they won't both fit in the frunk, and they're too fat to fit singly in the side storage compartments. Thanks for the idea!
Sharon

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have the kewl metal kuyackin? ones on order too.. i had to wait and find out some info cause the ZOX helmets don't have "D" rings so was not sure how they hooked up.. but they said the kits comes with hemet extenders, so I assume it is the "T" looking deals in the pictures and they somehow hook onto/into the helmet

BUT was told to be carefull cuase peeps will just cut the straps and take your helmets anyways

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah very little

·
Registered
8 Posts
helmet bags

We have two full face helmets and we can fit them in the Frunk. We did it with one upside down and the other right side up. It took many tries to get it to work. That said, it is still a pain so I ordered helmet bags with locks so that we can attach them to the riders hand holds.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it depends on the helmets too

I can get both our Zoc helmets in but can't get one Zox and my Scorpion 900

I have the kuyiackin locks on order

1 - 14 of 14 Posts