Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all the spyder ryders in michigan. i just purchased a 2009 RS. reading the posts, am getting a little nervous, since i have only tooled around the parking lot. talks about drifting, shaking and shimmiing....yikes should i be worried?

anyway, am posting this in hopes of meeting other spyder ryders in my state and hopefully being able to get together for a ride once in awhile.....

thanks for listening...praying for early spring..

·
Registered
377 Posts
hello to all the spyder ryders in michigan. i just purchased a 2009 RS. reading the posts, am getting a little nervous, since i have only tooled around the parking lot. talks about drifting, shaking and shimmiing....yikes should i be worried?

anyway, am posting this in hopes of meeting other spyder ryders in my state and hopefully being able to get together for a ride once in awhile.....

I also have a 2009 RS and I love it. It took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of it but then I fell in love with it. You will too. Not all Spyders have problems. If you will go back and look at some of the replies by the experienced Spyder owners you will see that they stand solidly behind the machine. Any problems you might experience all you need to do is post it to this list and of course see your local dealer. Are you a first time rider or do you have previous two wheel experience? David

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have previous 2 wheel experience. my last bike was a motto guzzi california ev. however, i have not ridden in 2 years...so i guess i just have the jitters...

hopefully, it will be just like riding a bike

nice to meet you

·
Registered
306 Posts
First, welcome to the forum!

The one thing that seems to cause the most problems with new Spyder riders is holding onto the handbar too tight. This thing will follow your input, you twitch it will twitch. Use a light grip, don't lean on the bars even when slowing down.

In the wind if you try to hold yourself on by holding tight to the bars the Spyder will move as you get blown around. If you hold on with your legs and let the Spyder track on it's own you'll find this thing is stable even in high winds.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I too, just bought a 2009 RS. I know what you're talking about with the shaking thing. My first few miles I thought....oh crap, what did I get myself into here. Not that I don't have more practice ahead, cause I got tons to go yet, but, I think I've got the steering figured out. BTW...I'm from MI too. Not many Spyders in my neck of the woods. We're HD riders, we have an Ultra. I wanted to ride my own but 2 wheels wasn't the best option for me (for many reasons) so the Spyder was the next best. I'm not sorry either! I love it! :D Enjoy your Spyder!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts