Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a red 2009 Spyder SM5 for my wife and I. We have put about 200 miles on it so far and are loving it. I have been an avid motorcyclist for about a quarter century and have a collection of late model Triumph's. (none of which my wife is interested in riding) I have purchased bikes for my wife in the past but she still had difficulty. We hope the Spyder will give her the confidence she needs to be comfortable riding solo.

I am still cleaning up the mess from the previous owner over filling the oil tank and the bike puking it's oil out the air filter. The dealer was kind enough to give me a new air filter.

Here is a short video of my wife taking her first ride around the block.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGWBNipQhc]Mrs. Tanker's new Spyder - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome.

Have her go to Girls on Spyders on facebook. Some interesting stuff from the ladies that are riding. Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"She made it home alive" was her idea. :)

I will tell her about the face book thingy.

She is really excited to ride. We will have to do a bunch more back road rides to get her comfortable.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Mrs. Tanker (and Mr.!)!!

The more you ride, the more comfortable you'll get. The best advice I can give you is to loosen up on the handlebars, don't grip too tight. When you do, it drives easier. Also, curves can be tricky, until you learn to drop your hip down off of the seat toward the inside of the curve - centrifugal force isn't a problem then.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, we're all happy to talk about our experiences! Beautiful ryde, by the way!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome. She will love it. It is an awesome ride. I will have mine a month on Monday and put a little over 1300 miles on it so far. It is a sweet ride. I'm just now making a "wish list" of accessories I would like.:D Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks, Bob! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts