Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
as yet my wife and I dont actually own a spyder ..yet !!, but we ..Ooooh so want one !!!
The reason for joining is to find out as much as we can before we indulge, so as to get the very most from our chosen model and to get to know any pit falls .
We havnt even had a test ride yet !! but we know we want one .
US :My name is IAN and my wife is DEBBIE .
i ride bikes and have done for 20 + yrs( i ride honda firestorms / superhawks ) and my wife has ridden but came off and has never really regaind her confidence hence the 3 wheeled option now , though weve been talking about getting one for ? years ??
So hope to be talking to you all soon and hope in the not to distant future to telling you all about our exploits on our SPYDER !
regards
YETI and MRS YETI.:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Yeti!! Happy to have you here!

This is a great group of folks... we're happy to answer the questions you'll surely come up with.

Mrs. Yeti, you and I have the lack of confidence on 2 wheels in common. I rode motorcycles for 2 years, and had trouble with getting started on an uphill from a stop sign, it frustrated me quite a bit. Never quite got over it. Then my tailbone started acting up and I quit riding entirely. Last March I bought my Spyder and not only have I gained the confidence, mine is a 2008 RS SM5, the RS meaning its the sportier model that leans you a bit forward, and the SM meaning its manual, so I'm not putting pressure on my tailbone or straining my back, and I still get to shift.

You'll both want to test drive both the RS and the RT before you decide; from what I understand, they're different animals. I love the RS for its looks and the angle of the ride; you may like the RT for the relaxation and luxury. Be aware, there's also a price difference between the two models!

Looks like I got carried away...hope something I said helps you out! :D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the internet; Ian and Debbie! :D
The spyders do NOT handle or ride at all like a motorcycle, so an adaptation of your preconceived notions may be in order...
Do you have any experience riding ATVs? I found that riding both them and snowmobiles gave a very similar feeling to the Spyders.
The RS and RT models...
Think of the RT as the distance touring machine and the RS as the sportbike. You can add accessories to the RS to make it much more comfortable for longer rides, but it still won't approach the built-in comfort of the RTs...
But then most of the fun is in the shopping! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
570 Posts
Warning, lurking on this forum may cost you the admission price of a Spyder!

In all seriousness, my wife did not like leaning into turns on 2 wheelers. On the Spyder she had yet to tell me to slow down in the turns! If you have been on an ATV, it is much the same ride, but less body roll in the turns than the ATV.

If you looks at some of the postings that have lots of replies or views, they will be the postings of most interest for the group. Lots of good information here.

Welcome to the group!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts