Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently do not own a bike or trike. I did ride several Harley's over a 10 year span. My last bike was a 2012 Harley CVO Street Glide. Had about 45k in her. She was a beauty.

Anyhow, I am getting the itch again but really not looking for anything but the ability to have the wind in my hair, haul my wife comfortably and have plenty of storage for trips so a touring.

I have never ridden a Spyder, my uncle bought one in Iowa. Seems to really like it.

I'd like something in the 2012 time frame. Having difficulty finding too many of them locally used.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
Welcome.
The consensus among owners is that the newer models with the 3 cylinder 1330 engines are really worth the extra money. I agree with that.

I believe that change was made in 2014.
Sounds to me like you want an RT.

Good luck shopping.
Before you buy anything, ask your closest dealer or two if they have stopped servicing Spyders beyond a certain age.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Definitely would go with a 2015 1330cc and up. If you tend to keep your vehicles for a while, would look for a lower mileage example. Less chance of any issues while touring. There isn’t as many Can-am dealers if you have a problem on the road. Would gauge what accessories you might like. Buying a bike with some or all of the things you would probably add after a purchase saves some dollars. Accessories aren’t inexpensive. But if you put 45k in a Harley, you already know that. 😀 Also agree with Easy Rider to buy a RT. Much more comfortable for the Mrs and the added storage on trips will be appreciated.
Good luck with your search. There are nice ones out there for sale. Take your time looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts