Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm Steven Mingura and I just purchased my 2011 Spyder RS S today from a dealer in Tucson. Still kinda unsure what exactly to expect,just know I'm very excited to ride ASAP. So if anyone has any tips,tricks,suggestions,or advice please let me know. Thank you to everyone.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Take your time getting used to the bike. When I picked mine up I avoided the freeway and busy city streets on the way home. That allowed me to get used to the handling and feel of the Spyder. Watch that you don't cut the corners too tight when you start out. I found myself crowding the yellow lines a lot.

If the handling seem touchy or the steering twitchy in long turns, you may need to adjust the front shocks and tire pressure. I needed to do this on mine. I ended up with 20 PSI in the front tires up from the dealers 14 PSI and 2 PSI over the recommended maximum. My dealer was not much help in figuring this out. The dealers are still learning about Spyders. It made for a world of difference in handling in the sweeping turns.

You'll feel a lot of heat on both feet, more on your right foot. The radiator is on the right and the catalytic converter is between your feet. There are some after market parts that can help with this. I haven't done any of them myself. If you wear boots and long pants, it is not much of a problem.

The front trunk (AKA frunk) holds alot. My wife and I take a soft sided cooler with lots of water. It can be hot here in Phoenix on our rides. A cool drink is nice at the stops.

I did a Saddle Sore 1000 ride in early June. It was nice to carry the extra stuff to make the ride more comfortable. Take advantage of the extra storage that many bikes don't have.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Steven!

Read your manual - there's a section in there on dropping your hip off of the inside of your seat in the curves. That helps more than you think!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts