Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here from Donaldson Arkansas. Wanted to say hello to every one. I do not own a spyder yet... I currently have my 09 Raider for sale and also taking it up to a dealer in Pine bluff on Saturday to look into trading in on a 2010 RS. Never even sat on a Spyder but me and the wife wants one. My hip dont like to hold my big bike up any more. I hope I get to bring one home with me. Wish me luck!!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Newbie here from Donaldson Arkansas. Wanted to say hello to every one. I do not own a spyder yet... I currently have my 09 Raider for sale and also taking it up to a dealer in Pine bluff on Saturday to look into trading in on a 2010 RS. Never even sat on a Spyder but me and the wife wants one. My hip dont like to hold my big bike up any more. I hope I get to bring one home with me. Wish me luck!!
Good luck and welcome, it is an amazing experience to ride a spyder, be prepared it is not like anything you have ever riden before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcom from Arkansas, I went from Two to three wheels theres a lot of adjustment (mostly mental) it only took me about 2 or 3 weeks to stop trying to put my feet down at stops and trying to grab the front brake lever. Take your time best of luck hope to see you out on the road some day keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!! Once you get used to it, you'll be amazed how much better your hip will feel after a ride on the Spyder and not having to balance yourself. Congrats on your decision, and looking forward to hearing what you think when you get to ride one!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcom from Arkansas, I went from Two to three wheels theres a lot of adjustment (mostly mental) it only took me about 2 or 3 weeks to stop trying to put my feet down at stops and trying to grab the front brake lever. Take your time best of luck hope to see you out on the road some day keep us posted.
I was laughing at your post because it made me feel better about myself! I've had the RT-S less than a week after 20+ years of riding motorcycles, and I catch myself all the time doing things that would be normal on 2 but aren't necessary on 3. This morning when I drove it to work and parked, my left foot automatically went looking for the kickstand!:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt! Coming off of a quad definitely gives you a "leg up" on developing a feel for the handling. :cool: What kind of ATV did you have? (I traded in a Grizzly 660 that had a 686BBK kit in it for my Spyder!)
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 with power steering and my wife has 05 Suzuki 500 Vinson. both 4x4. chase cows and a lot of mud riding. got to test ride one today, LOVED IT! But haven't settled on the price of my trade yet. Maybe later this week.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I was laughing at your post because it made me feel better about myself! I've had the RT-S less than a week after 20+ years of riding motorcycles, and I catch myself all the time doing things that would be normal on 2 but aren't necessary on 3. This morning when I drove it to work and parked, my left foot automatically went looking for the kickstand!:eek:
I grabbed air looking for the hand brake for a few days, myself!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts