Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I’m John and I am 38 (gonna be 39 in 2 months OMG:(!) and it is time I got a toy. My wife used to ride with her dad as a kid. My Father-in-law quit riding after his heart attack. My wife and I have talked about getting a Gold wing trike for 10 years now. Now seeing the Spyder:rolleyes:,, my mind has changed. I am still uneasy dropping 25K on a bike:eek:. I have a tendency to do too much homework when it comes to buying things, but it looks like people are happy with their choice. I am looking at buying the 2011 RT Limited and adding the comms system, and IPod connector. I am looking at the Scorpion EXO 900 with the headset built in. Of course, I have been all over youtube and seen all of the different lights and wraps for the spyder. I have been all over custom dynamics site and checked out all the lights,, but one thing I noticed is that the lights are geared towards the RS and not the RT. Same with the wraps, does anyone have suggestions for where to go to get RT gear?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome aboard Chi-Town! :D
Have you taken one out for a test ryde yet?? If you've got any ATV or snowmobile expereince, it helps with adapting to the ride and handling of the Spyders...
There's a lot more stuff available for the RS/GS models because they've been out the longest; this is the 2nd year of the RTs. Not to worry though... more stuff is popping up all of the time! :cool:
Those White Limiteds... GORGEOUS!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
306 Posts
The wraps are starting to come out for RT now. But if you get the 2011 RT LE do you really want to cover it up? It's a great looking trike as is!

If you are looking at getting an RT LE you may need to get it soon they are getting hard to find and they ain't making any more.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!

You may want to check craigslist and cycletrader before you drop a dime on a brand new one, unless brand new is what you do. Could be a savings to look at a used model, or a year-end model.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't think its wrong to alter your own ryde, regardless of the model. Go for it, and post pics!!!

I saw an RS on eBay that had been painted purple with a top coat that changes the color depending on what angle you look at it. I've forgotten what its called, I'll think of it after I sign off, I'm sure!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

Well I am one step closer :). I think I found the dealer I would like to do business with. I am looking at Jim Potts Motor works in Woodstock IL. I have read reviews about the facility, and it appears to be good.

Does anyone have or know anyone with any business with Potts :confused:? I am going to Elgin tomorrow morning to take the written test to get the J-11 endorsement :D.

Thanks Guys

John Berghofer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts