Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have beat the heat issues around a zillion times

Has anyone beat the heat from the lower vent?

I have Inspector gadgets "inexpensive" fix for the top one, but it's the lower one that I am wondering about?

I know the spyderpops one covers the top and the fan cover version blows the hot air back towards the block, but what about the lower one?

I have been thinking (hurts my head too much :eek: ) but what about a fin or something to redirect it down more?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heat

I know we have beat the heat issues around a zillion times

Has anyone beat the heat from the lower vent?

I have Inspector gadgets "inexpensive" fix for the top one, but it's the lower one that I am wondering about?

I know the spyderpops one covers the top and the fan cover version blows the hot air back towards the block, but what about the lower one?

I have been thinking (hurts my head too much :eek: ) but what about a fin or something to redirect it down more?
I am going to try a deflector I made for the lower vent after about melting my right foot.Will keep u updated on the progress.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I am going to try and figure something out over the winter

just something to redirect the air from me toes

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah I am going to try and figure something out over the winter

just something to redirect the air from me toes
Used an aluminum plate roved to the duct,this really helped on the 90 degree day we had.Had to bend it a bit to get it rite but it helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
One thing I noticed this summer intrigued me and that was when I have the windshield all the way up I get less hot air on the right foot. The trike runs slightly lower in temp reading too. I have never had too much of a problem in the heat on the right foot so maybe something is different about my trike fuel set up. I get horrid gas mileage compared to other reports so maybe mine is set up richer or something? 25 to 28 MPG is about all I get driving normal on the highway at about 75 or so, speed limits here in WV are 70. If I drive like a little old lady and stay below 5,000 RPM's I get into the low 30's and even made it to 33 MPG once on a little trip through mostly mountain roads never getting over 55. I have almost 10,000 miles on my 2010 RT-SE now so if it is going to get better it should have already done so. Certainly not a gas miser or a great handler nor a regular motorcyle either. Still fun to drive and enjoy within its limited range, worth it? Who knows! Bill

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try a plate, but I have the Kewl Metal grills over both right side openings so have to figure out mount a deflector behind the grill somehow.

I an thinking about maybe cutting a small opening in the bottom area and putting the deflector there but not have had the time to actually get under there to see if there is anything in the way or have the room to do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts