Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit confused, the manual describes this headlight override button being used when riding.
Mine will only flash when the engine is turned off.
Questioned the dealer and was told this is the way it works.
Is there a fix for this, or is this the way it is supposed to operate?

· Registered
377 Posts
I ride with my high beams on all the time anyway although I will dim them for oncoming traffic at night. The only time I will flash them (using the headlight switch all the way to the rear) is to warn oncoming vehicles of law enforcement in the area. If it's daylight and the oncoming vehicle is a motorcycle I just use the hand-over-the-head signal. David

· Registered
20 Posts
I was told that it is used to reflect into the "frunk" at night since it is unlit.
I am a bit confused, the manual describes this headlight override button being used when riding.
Mine will only flash when the engine is turned off.
Questioned the dealer and was told this is the way it works.
Is there a fix for this, or is this the way it is supposed to operate?

· Registered
1,031 Posts
I ride a 2008 RS and mine flashes the brights while I'm moving. What do you ride?

Are you using the headlight button on the left, or are you using the button behind the right-hand handlebar, or throttle? The headlight button on the left, if you push it down, will flash the brights. The right handlebar button is for use when the key is off and you need to see in the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.