Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work this morning I got flashed a few times and my lights were on dim and was wondering if my headlights were adjusted to high from the factory. I don't remember seeing anything regarding adjustment in the manual.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Headlight

Do you have the RS or RT? The RS manual does have the instructions. There is an adjustment screw under each headlight. While on a level floor and some one setting on the trike the lights are aimed at a wall 33' away. I think the lights should be about 26" off the ground. Check the manual for exact measurements.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I want to be seen so I ride with the head lights on bright and the fog lights on in daytime and get flashed occasionally. Better a flash than a hit. Been there, done that! Also added the long tail light on the trunk.:cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I did find the instructions and did adjust them down a bit. I agree though its better to be seen.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason my headlights were set quite high and I was getting flashed even with mine on low. Once I adjusted them down some I am getting better coverage on the road on low and on high they light up farther down the road instead of the sky.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run with foglights on all the time, but keep my headlights on low... I don't like to run with high beams on only becuae my own peepers are REAL sensitive to glare and I know what that can be like when being blinded in traffic by oncoming lights...:eek: :cool:
In the day time???:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts