Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to adjust the low beams? We were running the freeway at night tonite and my low beams only go out about 50 ft or so, my fog lights go out farther than that..

high beam seems to be ok as it lights up the road for maybe 1/2 mile or so plus everything on the sides

but need to do something about the lows.. kinda hard to see where a corner starts and as the only saying goes " don't over drive your lights" heck that means bout 10 MPH ... sheesh

·
Registered
284 Posts
There are knurled adjustment knobs under the little pop off side panels (don't remember the actual nomenclature for the panels) on my RTS.

There's something in the manual as to how to adjust them. Park the bike X distance from a wall. Adjust beam to be between Y and Z distance from the ground.

Mine came aimed way low as well. Amazing how much better when properly adjusted.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx

I will take a look at the manual and see what it says

·
Registered
61 Posts
adjusting headlights

Each side panel has an adjustment. All you need is an allen wrench. Park facing a garage door or something and adjust each to where you want them. The low beams and high beams are the same bulbs. All that happens when you put lows on is a shutter comes down to lower the beam. I run my highs during the day because they are WAY more visible. Ride safe!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
boy i can actually see more than 50' ahead now..

thx

·
Registered
61 Posts
The high and low beams are one and the same. The only thing that happens when you go from high to low is a shutter comes down which looks like a line when you're driving at night. Adjust the headlighs by opening both side panels. Use an allen wrench on the little brass fitting to adjust. You need to do both sides to adjust both headlights. I recommend setting the lows where you want them and then your highs will be ridiculously high and make great spotlights for daytime riding - very bright and visible. Good luck!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah got it just fine

wish I could adjust the fog lights now but with HID lights it seems there is no adjusting screw.

I can find the hole where it is supposed to be but nothing in the hole

·
Registered
284 Posts
I went round and round with the BRP folks on the foglight adjustment cables. They are shown in the users manual, which leads one to believe they should be there. However, they said they are included only on models shipped to Europe. They will sell you some for $70ish.

Would be nice if the asterisked the part or something with a note they are not included on the US models.

My fogs on my '10 RTS aim way low according to the manual's guidance on the height they should focus at the distance the manual says to check them. Some day when I have all the panels off again, I may go in and adjust the darned things.

I've got a PDF file capturing my correspondence with BRP, but it exceeds file attachment limitations. I'd gladly email it to whoever if you shoot me a PM.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pm sent with addy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts