Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent $11.00 on something similar to grip puppies (2 sets of 2)

got the left one on after cursing for a few minutes, then proceeded to rip the other 3 on the right side

just could not get it over the outside lip

and yes I used tons of dish soap but GRRRR!!!!!!!

now to figure something else out

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
NOW I remember them... fragile miserable buggers to install! :mad:
Can you try this???
Lube everything up with enough soap to clean a week's worth of dishes...
Take a VERY long and even-more-very-thin screwdriver and reach through the puppy and kind of hook it on the edge of the grip...

That might help get things started. CAREFULLY work the screwdriver around the circumference of the opening... keeping in mind that a wrong breath of air will tear the puppy...
A very tense two minutes might be the answer! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
66 Posts
spent $11.00 on something similar to grip puppies (2 sets of 2)

got the left one on after cursing for a few minutes, then proceeded to rip the other 3 on the right side

just could not get it over the outside lip

and yes I used tons of dish soap but GRRRR!!!!!!!

now to figure something else out
If you bought something similar to grip puppies you might want to try the real grip puppies. I don't have the site right off, but it is listed in the DIY pages of my site Home - Can-Am Spyder RT Accessories I have installed at least 3 sets--1 on my spyder and 2 other RTs and have had good luck with no installation problems.
When it rains they have a tendancy to get a little loose, but not so much as to effect the throttle twisting for me at WOT :D
Good Luck C-YA RL

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no one has heard of them up here and I don't want to spend huge bucks getting them up here since they sell for $10 or so

1 - 6 of 6 Posts