Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Any recommendations? I found Heat Demons Grip Heaters which are inside the handle bars. Did not see a cost. I live in Wisconsin and heaters are nice to have late fall early spring. Here is the web site where I saw them:
http://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/riders-discount/1166-heat-demons-grip-heaters.html
Jan100,

This looks like good idea for a grip heater but I'm not sure how much heat will actually get to your hands. The handle bar is 7/8" and hollow, the stock grip slides on the bar but has a set of ridges that keeps an air gap between the bar and the grip. Then you have the rubber of the grip it's self that provides an insulating layer.

I ride all winter long as long as the roads are clear and the temp is above 15 deg (live in Rockton, IL a few mile south of WI). I used a set of handle bar muffs and when the temp was below 25 deg added some glove warmers to the muffs. Next winter I will be getting some heated grips but ones that fit under my grip puppies which will keep the heat closer to my hands.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

You are right. There is a lot of steel to heat before it gets to my hands. Do you like any conventional grip warmer?

·
Registered
306 Posts
You are right. There is a lot of steel to heat before it gets to my hands. Do you like any conventional grip warmer?
No I didn't look into it much yet. I will look this fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts