Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.
This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum so forgive me if it ends up somewhere odd. I have been visiting ya'lls forum now for sometime. I saw a Spyder on the way to work one morning and was instantly wrapped in a web of desire. She was blue and white and you could tell the ryder was having a grand time of it. I fell in love :p!!
I have no riding experience when it comes to bikes other than 4-wheelers. Will take the riding course offered at the Harley Dealership in Jackson. There was a thread about difficulty taking the test on Spyders. Our Harley Delership offers the trike class. Hoping they allow Spyders, so maybe check a dealership near you for this class if ya need it. MS is the last place to get anything so if we have it...everywhere else has had it for a bit.
Found a new Red 2010 RS SE5 for 15300. Seems a good price. Thinking of knocking off the wife and selling the kids for it. Reckon I'll keep my dawg though...she listens :D!!
I'm sure to be asking alot of questions and picking ya'lls brains. Stay safe!

Sip

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Sip!!

Do your research on pricing; I'm not sure on what the new ones are going for, as I picked mine up used, but when you get yours we'd love to see pics!!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bob, we're getting pretty good at nicknaming people, aren't we?! :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Oh, I've racked up my share of names, as well, some not repeatable at all!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She read the thread and I'm in the dog house...nothing new there! :eek:

Just found out I'm headed to the Stan again in a few months so will have to put my purchase on the burner. I would hate to buy her and leave her sitting for 3-4 months or, heaven forbid, lose her to the wife. :( Upside to that is being able to save for more bells and whistles!:D

The local dealership isn't going to start advertising the spyders till the beginning of football season. The spyder is fairly new to this area and makes me wonder about the shops technical expertise on these machines. They have been in the business for awhile and should catch up quick on what they need to succeed. Plus, they are only 2 miles from my house...major plus!

Spydrs should do fairly well here due to our back roads, Gulf Coast and Natchez Trace. I soooo want to hit the Trace on this machine. :D

Sip

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Definitely better to wait until you get back again to buy one... or better, a pair of Spyders... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts