Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month and half ago I got my Can Am SE5. OMG this thing has been an orgasm on 3 wheels! I love riding it, I love the looks I get, I love how my female passangers love it =).

Im about to hit my 600 mile mark, maintenance time. How far past that can i go without damageing the engine? In two weeks I go on vacation and I know they have a 3-4 day backlog, dont wanna be without for that long as I use it to park at work at the free motorcycle parking area.

Thanks!

Joel:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Unless you are experiencing problems, the only thing that the dealer really does it change the oil and filters. That is probably the most important aspect of the 600 mile service. As the engine breaks in, it is really wearing in, seating the parts together. Little shavings of metal will get into the oil where hopefully the oil filter captures them. Changing the oil and filters flushes the metal out.

Some people will change their oil at 100 and 600 miles just to help flush the engine out. I would not go past the 600 mile service.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mine hit almost 3,000 miles before it got an oil change. The original owner had it for 2,100 without a change, and I ... um ... *ahem* ... :eek: oh, look, the Goodyear blimp!

(No problems, by the way)

There are instructions in the book for changing the oil, if you're willing to do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
600 mile check

I am heading for 700 miles and need to have the 600 mile check up, I understand they are supposed to check a number of items, what have you all found the normal charge to be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well finally got it changed and they checked a bunch of things. But I think I wanna learn how to change it myself cause almost 400 dollars for esentially an oil change is ridonkulous =P

·
Registered
20 Posts
on my first bike it cost me 300.00 for my 600 mile service.with my second one i got the 600 mile service at about 1000 miles and only cost 60 bucks with the extended best warranty. so i would check into it,it was worth the extra $.good luck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Zug, read the manual that came with it for oil changing directions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts