Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time Poster here, but I couldn't resist showing off my new Spyder

This thing is soooooo much fun. :D

I saw in another thread where a lot of you are talking about long wait times... My dealer got me one in less than 3 weeks. :eek:

I'm in Illinois and ordered from Ted's Motorcycle World in Alton, Illinois.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Welcome!!!

Three weeks is fantastic! Looks like your Mustangs have good company!

You'll need to pick up one of these plates off EBay :)

I know Can-Am is working to minimize the delivery time, They gave us production numbers while we were touring the factory (but told us they were "privileged"), they were planning on doubling the rate about eight weeks after homecoming. Which by the way coincides with the rumor mill date that the rest of sates will get dealers.

Too bad I don't live near you, I've been looking for an Entertainment Center :D

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
2 weeks and 500 miles later and I need a new belt already.

I have a rock wedged halfway through my belt.

:mad:
Did the dealer forget to tell you this Can-Am was to be driven on the road? Just kidding, sorry to here of you bad luck with the rock. This is the first time I've heard of that happening on a belt drive cycle, I'm with you :( Did the rock damage either pulley? Did you here it making noise, or happen to see it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I pulled the rock out of the belt.

The service guy told me it should be fine as long as it hasn't torn through the edge of the belt, which it hasn't, althought it is VERY close.

I have my 600 mile routine service appointment in a couple weeks, I guess I'll see what they think when they get to check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts