Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, chalk up another new experience. Today--just outside my driveway, there is a little bit of a bank in the road to the right and a slight uphill as the road turns left. I guess that's the magic combination, because at about 25mph my left front wheel came off the ground and the VSS never kicked in. I didn't even know it was off the ground until I felt it hit back on the road. Guess I should have leaned...but I've done that exact thing probably 50 times so far and never had that happen. Very interesting. So acceleration + road sloping right + road turning left + going up hill = 2-wheeled Spyder I suppose. The funny thing was that it wasn't scary...just more of a "dang, did that just happen??"

--Andy

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hi Andy!
:D I've provoked "Nanny" a couple of times with my RT... The last time I was making a left hand turn onto a secondary road. I came in a bit quicker than I would have liked and then tried to square-off the turn. I felt the Spyder rock to the right as the left wheel grabbed some air! :eek: Then it felt like somebody pulled a sparkplug wire as Nanny pitched a fit and the wheel came right back down to Terra Firma... :eek:
The bike felt stable throughout the whole maneuver and it gave me more confidence that Nanny is there for the good of the people! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ABQ, the nanny didn't kick in? Maybe there wasn't time... could be you came back down quicker than the computer could catch you. Be safe and keep an eye on that curve. No sense getting stupid with it!

Dang it, there I go being all mom about it. We'd rather have you around being safe than on exhibit as a bad example!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah...I know what Nanny feels like. A couple of weeks ago I went back to where I did the MSF course and did some really hard turns and I felt it kick in. In this instance, I didn't feel anything until that wheel came back down and hit the asphalt.
And yes--I'll be safe. I did the same path today but this time I turned into it a little earlier and all was well. :)

Did I tell y'all that I did a 400+ mile group ride about 2 weeks ago? It was a curvy mountain ride up past Santa Fe and to Taos (and some other towns you probably haven't heard of). Absolutely gorgeous up there! But I'll be honest--after riding from 8am to 6pm (with some stops and lunch), I was exhausted when I got home. Those twisties are fun but they'll wear you out after a while! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
2 wheels

Had mine up on 2 wheels more times than I care to remember. Last encounter with Nanny was on the Dragon on the 14th. I almost goofed but the well thought out and designed Spyder saw us through.

Patrick

·
Registered
34 Posts
ABQ....did you run thru the forrest fire smoke on you trip north to Taos?
My daughter lives in Santa Fe and had been emailing me how bad the smoke was in their area.

Beautiful country...I love NM!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts