Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- Today I left a deposit on a 2017 Spyder RT - 6 speed manual. I've been riding since 1997 and have all sorts of bikes but I'm finding my current ride very heavy. I've also dropped it once and there's no way I can pick it up.

I found the Spyder in SC- a gent had it listed for $16,800 but then had that crossed out and lowered to $12,000. I rode down from North Carolina and I'm going back for it on Saturday. It has just over 2000 miles on it. He said he can't ride any longer due to back issues.

He let me take it all over his neighborhood on a test ride. I found it different to ride but fun just the same. Finding reverse was a trick but I managed.

I'm hoping to get some much needed education on this forum. Thanks so much for the add.

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
I REALLY hope that you aren't going to ride it back home......ESPECIALLY not on a freeway/interstate.
The geometry and feel are ENTIRELY different and your first few rides, at least, should NOT be out on the highway.

It has taken me a LONG time to "unlearn" what my body had learned from 50 years on 2 wheels.
The first couple of weeks, I swore that it was trying to kill me. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts