Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have gone back and forth a bit here with the local dealer. At the moment we are waiting to hear back on our current offer which I beleive he will accept.

RT Audio/Conv with the rear speakers in the blue. It is his demo which should have under 700 miles come 9/1 when I will pick it up having already had it's 600 mile service. We went for the B.E.S.T +24 which sounds like a good idea.

Wife and I are very excited. We have never owned a bike, I rode ONCE in 1982 on a buddy's Honda 360.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it - very excited

For delivery 9/1. It is the dealer's demo so we agreed to a deal where he has it for Summer demo rides and I get it 9/1 when I want it. Miles will be below 950 and the 600 mile will be done

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife is loving here RT-S so far. We have just scheduled the 600 mile service this week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well....

Richard,
Are you getting anxious yet?? :)
As they say, the best laid plans ...

I got my learner's permit last Thursday, heading to motorcycle school thur/fri and have already spoken to the dealer about moving up the delivery to around 8/1. I have had them add the HMT brake/running light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As they say, the best laid plans ...

I got my learner's permit last Thursday, heading to motorcycle school thur/fri and have already spoken to the dealer about moving up the delivery to around 8/1. I have had them add the HMT brake/running light.
Good luck in school! I like that brake/running light and will be considering adding it this fall. Just picked up my blue RT-S this month and having a lot of fun. My wife just loves the passenger seat and I don't have to worry about holding us upright at stop signs!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck in school! I like that brake/running light and will be considering adding it this fall. Just picked up my blue RT-S this month and having a lot of fun. My wife just loves the passenger seat and I don't have to worry about holding us upright at stop signs!
amen about holding up at stop lights... kept wanting to put my left foot down. Went to Greenville, SC to ride their demo... yes, it is a bit quirky, really quick steering and missing the front brake lever... working on a deal that is up in WI... wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The wife and I will be going for our demo this Saturday. I realize that negotiating a price will vary from dealer to dealer, but I am just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what most limits are in regards to the prices on the RT's are. See my delima is that these are going for approx. the same price as a Goldwing. To be honest we want something that we can tour on (LONG LONG trips). I do realize that the Spyder could be looked at as being a tad bit more "safe" being on three wheels, but besides that the Goldwing is a prooven king when it comes down to reliability and comfort, so unless there is a decent window of negotiations in regarding the price, then it's pretty much a open and closed case, the Goldwing will win.... We do plan on paying cash (which I hope will help)... Oh yeah, besides the "safety" factor that the Spyder has over the Goldwing is that it probably has more storage space but really a little bit more added space isnt a deciding factor. I know I've gone off the tangent here, but really what I want to know is; is there anyone here who knows just about how low of an offer the average dealership will take? I figure if they will take $17k (out the door for any RT model), It'll be a no brainer and I'll be a new Spyder owner. Anything above that then I'll have to think about it...... Any suggestions is greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am now a proud graduate of motorcycle school :)

The school was fun and I learned a lot being that I have literially never ridden.

Picking up our Spyder 8/3. I am bit nervious as I will need to get on a major highway soon after I pick it up and drive about 50 miles to the cottage. That will put me 75 mile from home for a trip later in the week.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
That's just a little ambitious for right out of the gate with the bike... Are there any alternative routes that might give you an easier way to get home? I know that the first couple of mile on mine I was twitching all over my lane like a toad on a hot plate! I finally had to convince myself to relax and let the bike do its own thing, and it tracked straight and true from then on.
Tomorrow I'm finally getting a chance to take it back to the dealer for the 600 mile break-in servicing... with over a 1000 miles on it!
Anyway... good luck and enjoy the trip home with it!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Laid out a route, same miles but parallels the interstate

Pretty rural route that will allow me to jump on the highway at any point along the way. (It is Rt 28 vrs 495 to cape cod for any of the locals.)

Getting very excited. 1 week and counting, good thing I am away of business all week to keep me busy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TUESDAY, as in the day after tomorrow!!!!

We are pretty excited about picking it up. I will send an update and pics soon. My hope is that buying the demo from a knowledgable dealer all of the kinks will be worked out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts