Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr moderator who ever you are can you get rid of the guy who is using this forum for advertising instead of what it was intended for

I know it's hard when they change their user name but surely you can do something or delete the thread/s as soon as they are posted

or let someone else do it

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe this version of forum software doesn't have the option to add graphic characters for a human to decypher when creating a new account. These ads are created by "robots". Only a human can read the graphic characters and re-enter to create the account. If this forum software has this ability it woudn't have these spammers leaving their ads everywhere. :mad:

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL

yeah I don't think I ever actually "introduced" myself

oh well

but I get tired of idiots using specific forums for stuff other than what they are intended for

·
Registered
284 Posts
Paladin,

I have ban hammer permissions, but am currently deployed, so I don't get to the site as often as I do when at home. If you see spam, let me know, the user or thread, and I'll make it go away.

I'm not an admin, so I don't see "report post" notifications, but if you let me know, I'll kill whatever dumb advertisement and poster as soon as I can.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
;) very kewl

ty sir

you may want to appoint some one you trust to do some of the work while you are busy saving the world ** grins **

just a suggestion :p

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've just been given Mod permissions. I'm not the board Administrator. I can't bequeath permissions. Good idea on the captcha for acct creation. Shoot Admin an email. Maybe he can integrate it into account creation.

I'm not doing any world saving. I'm just an OR nurse in a safe, undisclosed location, who mostly helps the surgeons take care of non-battle related injuries. I help get the real world savers back to their units.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhhh

kewl

yeah but still doing your part

I'm sure they totally appreciate the efforts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm half way done this week. I've been busy enough, but not too busy, so it's all good. I think I'm earning most of my check (laughs).

Can't wait to get home and get the Spyder out of dry dock and go riding with my honey (wife...not the Spyder).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts