Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Spyder yesterday. Can't wait to get on the road. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I would like to hear from any Georgia riders.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Hendersonville, NC. Where are you located in Georgia??? I've had mine about 2 weeks now and ready to hit the Blue Ridge parkway on the weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi CanAm ****, I am in North GA, Ellijay. I am a new rider. Hopefully I will be endorsed by the end of next week. I have been riding just in my neighborhood for practice. I don' t think I will have any problems. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
20 Posts
After you get some time riding local just let me know if you want to meet somewhere. I'm available on the weekends. Looks like your about 2-2.5 hours away from me. I think I'm going to the Can Am rally at Maggy Valley Saturday. It's only about a 50 mile ride for me. Should be a lot of fun...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, it won't be long I'll take you up on the offer of a ride. Let me know if you happen to be my neighborhood. Chutzpah

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, CanAmMick! Take pics at the rally, would love to go but its too far for this Oklahoma girl to ride round trip in a weekend!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll do my best to get some good pictures.... Where are you located in Oklahoma?? I'm originally from Texas. Sure don't miss the heat!!! It was 78 here today so when I got off work I went for an hour ride..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
****, we're just outside Oklahoma City. We had 103 today... not a good day for riding!! Planning to hit it early tomorrow, though, before the heat kicks in good and strong. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
****, we're just outside Oklahoma City. We had 103 today... not a good day for riding!! Planning to hit it early tomorrow, though, before the heat kicks in good and strong. :)
We were at 103 today in Tucson, too, and it was a HOT and DRY ride home at 5 PM! I can't wait for my HyperKewl vest to come in, sometime next week I hope.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Cyclekat, I lived in Phoenix for a couple years... the dryness is preferable to the humidity here, I do know that!! :) Would be happy with a dry 103!!!

Is the vest you're talking about the kind you dip in the ice chest and wear wet? Those are great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe it got up to about 80 here today!!! This place is nothing like the Texas heat and humidity that I'm use too. I kind a laugh when the people around here complain about it being hot at 85. They really don't know what heat is.

Was planning on going for a long ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway today, but they were calling for showers. Looked at the radar and figured I had better wait till the afternoon. Started raining about 1pm so I waited till about 6. Decided to get something to eat since the wife is visiting her sister on Oregon. Drove to Ashville and got a hamburger at Five Guys, then took my time about getting home. I almost have 400 miles on my Spyder and hoping to get enough miles on it by next weekend so I can take it in for my 600 checkup. Want to have it ready to go when the wife returns in about 9 days.

Hopefully on the weekend of the 4th we can take a trip...

If any of you ever plan on coming out to North Carolina be sure to get in touch with me. We have plenty of room at our house. There are plenty of places to ride in this area. Most I haven't even been on. Here's a few:

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap - 11 miles and 318 curves.
The Cherohala Skyway - 43 mile curving two lane ride through some of the highest and most scenic and remote mountains in the area.
Wayah Road - 28 mile through the Natahala Gorge across the heights of Wayah Bald. Great ride with some twisty bits to keep to entertained.
Foothills Parkway - 167.5 miles skirting the northwest edge of the Great Smoky Mountains.
NC 215 - 35 miles and is one of the most popular local roads. Follows the Piegon river up into the high country of the Pisgah Forest to reach the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Blue Ridge Parkway - 469 miles, starts just outside the southern entrance of the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Reaches the highest point and the most scenic section of the entire road is found along the southern arc. Continues north to Virginia to reach Skyline Drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cyclekat, I lived in Phoenix for a couple years... the dryness is preferable to the humidity here, I do know that!! :) Would be happy with a dry 103!!!

Is the vest you're talking about the kind you dip in the ice chest and wear wet? Those are great!
I agree with you about the humidity! I lived my first 35 yrs on the east coast, and that 85-90% humidity is the worst. Dry is definitely better! Yup, the vest I ordered sounds like what you describe. It even has sleeves that can be zipped on or off, but I'm guessing they'll be ON for the next 3 months! :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You'll be so happy you got it... check your frunk for fit of an ice chest... during longer rides it'll be nice to have ice water with you to re-dunk!!

****, sounds like you've got plenty of great riding close by - I'm jealous!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
****, sounds like you've got plenty of great riding close by - I'm jealous!!!
Just take some time off one of these days and head out this way. Bring the whole family!! Got plenty of places to ride and plenty of room at the house....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just take some time off one of these days and head out this way. Bring the whole family!! Got plenty of places to ride and plenty of room at the house....
Appreciate the invite! If we make it out that way, we'll look you up!! :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Boomer!

We're in Oklahoma here - a bit far to ride the tail of the dragon with you, though I'm sure there are some others closer by. Wanted to throw out the welcome mat!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Turbo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts