Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone treid a gel pad or the butt buffer ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got one from Costco. Did 775 km yesterday in 33-36C temperatures and no monkey butt...
Today is day 2 of a nearly 7000 km ride to Montreal and back, so it'll get a good test, but so far its pretty good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pads

Tried foam,gel,sheepskin, the only thing has has been a sure fire winner has been our Airhawks. Pricey, yes, but we just did a 2570 mile round trip in blazing heat and did 763 miles first day out. The Airhawks have performed exactly as advertised. We got ours on EBay, look around for the best price, that's what we did.

Patrick

·
Registered
570 Posts
Also, look into a pair of riding pants. A seam in the wrong place will cause a whole lot of discomfort on long rides. Same goes with a wallet in the wrong pocket.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what are airhawks?

nm I found

what size do you have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have tried the gel pads air hawks etc. the best thing I have found is the cheap bead seat that you can buy in walmart I fitted the bead seat to my spyder rs model It lets air to get under your butt which keeps you from sweating and chafing you can't beat it for the price.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seams or pants are not the issues

phat ass is my problem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a true gel pad I bought at a Harley dealer, it was about $80. It never helped on the motorcycle but it seems to help a bit on the Spyder. I am taking a long ride this week so it will get a good test. I have a damaged tailbone and sever pain in my back, I thought the Spyder seat would be better due to the extra padding but it is almost as bad as the bike.

Regards,

Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts