Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I'm also new to the Spyders. First, my grandma told me it won't shift gears. My first time sitting on it, I start it and shift it into 1st gear. I could tell right off it shifted rough, so I didn't try to drive it. I finally found the engine oil, which was low enough, that it would not register on the dipstick. Is there a trans, or a gear box that I should check?? After researching online, I could tell that each model could be fairly different. Also, the engine oil compartment was under a small piece of plastic that popped off about where my left knee was. I do work on vehicles somewhat, but I'm new to this Spyder. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a 2013 roadster spyder rt if that helps. She went and bought oil from can am spyder shop. I will be changing oil and oil filter tomorrow. I will also drive it tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes her problems. She says last time she rode it, it was stuck in 2nd gear. So I'm assuming her spyder has a limp mode. Will let you know more tomorrow. Thanks alot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts